Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hospital Day #1






It is 2:30 in the morning and with all of the hospital noises along with a blood draw
it is hard to sleep. So I thought since I am awake and Kristin was nice enough to leave her computer I would do a brief blogpost.
Surgery went exactly as planned yesterday. We are so lucky to have such a big support system around. There have been quite a few times in the last 24 hours that I have felt all of your prayers.
Now the hard part comes and that is recovery. I had a really hard time with the pain meds last night and this morning for two reasons.
1- I am allergic to morphine however the medications they use in my pain pump are in the same family...so everytime I push the little button I am very itchy. No hives though yet so I am not complaining.
2- Everytime they tried to get food in my last night I would proceed to throw-up which was a bit frustrating.
I do have a roommate and although she is very noisy with visitors she called the nurse for me eachtime she heard me get sick. I was very thankful.
So we are now praying that I will just feel better by the hour and be able to get some rest while I am here.
Thanks again to all of you who are an extreme blessing to my little family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news that the surgery went well. That is a relief, isn't it?
Blessings on you. I am praying for continued healing, as well as peace for you and your family. I love you.

Anonymous said...

You are one amazing young lady, and an incredible...no, beyond incredible MOM! I follow your blogsite through my daughter Lisa (Kok) Oates site. You obviously have an intense amount of energy, creativity and love for your family =) Wonderful to hear that your surgery went well, not so good about the "noisy (though compassionate) neighbor" and praying that you'll be able to go home soon, to your place of sanctuary. Something I've wondered for a long time...are you related to Johnny Kapala from the Ferndale/Custer area? My dad, Lisa's grandpa was very good friends with a Johnny Kapala. Blessings on you and your sweet family! Jan Kok p.s. your children have SO much character and charisma...probably never a dull moment in your home!