Saturday, January 17, 2009

Me...






Not very often that you read about me on here. However I just thought I would give people a little update. Last week I had a Doctors Appointment and found out that I will be having a partial hysterectomy at the end of February. It is something that Brian and I were aware of for quite sometime now however I thought I had a couple of more years before it would need to be done. I am freaking out a little bit however overall I am doing pretty well. At this point the main worry is recovery time. Dr. Cook said the first two weeks will be the worst because he really does not want me to be doing anything at all, but after the first month I can slowly and he emphasized slowly start trying to get back to normal. I am a horrible patient when it comes to asking for help or letting others do for me. I also am very involved in everything my kids do so it will be an adjustment for awhile. So you can pray that I will have patience and much faith through this time. You can also pray for BJ because his plate is going to be very full as well with me being off my feet. In the meantime you need not worry about me I am experiencing some discomfort but beyond that I am fine. I have limits on exercise and I can't skydive or bungee jump but beyond that I can do anything I normally do as tolerated. Thanks to those of you who have already been praying for us we are very thankful.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Jessica, I had no idea. My prayers are with you. Hey, I'm glad you mentioned we need to get together. For real this time! We would love to have you guys over. When is a good time? Seriously let me know...I want this to happen! Take care of yourself.