Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo...











This weekend was a complete whirlwind. Friday and Saturday I ran a food booth for an Ebenezer Fundraiser at the Tractor Pull which meant I didn't get to see my cute little munchkins very much. Sunday I was supposed to go to a baby shower for a friend in Seattle however I wasn't very excited about leaving my little family behind so after a quick family meeting Sunday morning we decided we would all get in the car and kill two birds with one stone. I took Grace to the baby shower for two hours and Elliot and Brian went to the lego store at Bellevue Square. Afterwords the boys picked us back up and we went to the zoo. It was so fun to have a family day to ourselves. This was our first trip to the zoo without a stroller (I know shocking because some of you know how I am about my stroller.) and I must say the kids were great. I did miss having the stroller for carrying cargo but other than that it was nice to not have to move it through crowds of people. Brian and I thought we would go to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner if the kids were behaving themselves but had a realistic goal of stopping at McDonalds on the way home. I guess our kids are getting older though because they were more than game to go to a restaurant where they had impeccable manners and no one was jumping around like the monkeys we had seen earlier in the day. I am happy to say we are at a point where we can be gone all day and not experience a single fit or meltdown or scene in which I feel the need to hide under rock. I am sure we will have more of the latter described days at some point but we are getting there people. Bottom line is I love my little family and I love enjoying these two little blessings that God has given us!

No comments: