Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Best quote from a Dr. Ever

So we have been dealing with some ....ahem...health issues. I'm not going to go into much detail because I think some day Grace would read this and harm me. But I will say we have had our share of great Dr. experience over the last couple days and they have done their darnedest to make her as comfortable in talking about her situation as possible. So two funny quotes for you tonight and then I promise to come back with something more substantial real soon.

First one is from Grace to her Dr. - in response to him asking a specific question. In all seriousness. "ummmm...my mother says we can't talk about things like that ." yep and then she refused to make eye contact until I reassured her she wasn't going to be getting busted for talking about the topic with her Dr. At this point she whispered her responses and looked at the ceiling. She was mortified and I was for her but she muscled through. It's hard to watch your child go through these things but I couldn't do it for her shes big enough to speak for herself no its heartbreaking for both of us.

And lastly the dr.s response to Grace...." my job is poop,to talk about it all day,yep that's my job poop,everybody does it.". Grace looked at me like is this guy for real with horror, disgust and shock. I shook my head at her in agreement with what he said and she looked back at him and said,"that's gross.". Got her to talk though and we are on the road to recovery. I'm pretty sure she was questioning my judgement when I put her in the hands of this whacko....however it won't be the last time:)

This picture sums up our feeling on the experience. It's been pretty much not fun. But she's still the cutest little peanut I've yet to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had to tweet this. I ride when I can – but will have to do this all next week. More people certainly should.