Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break has Begun!











This is the first time in three years that we haven't gone to California around this time. I have been feeling the need for sunshine in my bones and boy have we had some over the last couple of days.
Well Spring Break has officially began and I have pledged to do something fun with the kids everyday this week. Yesterday we started by spending the day and evening at Larrabee it was beautiful..we played on the playground, had a picnic and got wet and sandy on the beach. Unfortunately my camera informed me when we arrived that I needed new batteries:( so no pics.
Today we went to Bowman Bay with the Jones' which is right near Deception Pass. The car thermometer said it was 77degrees outside. It was another wonderful day spent eating playing and basking in the warm sun. My kids love the beach (I am sure Bubba can attest to this) it is the best time they just entertain themselves for hours. They would have stayed for much longer if we would have let them. But I could see pink cheeks forming because I hadn't brought sunscreen so we moved on to a nearby establishment for some ice cream.
So, so far so good, spring break has begun and we are having a blast. Heres to the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw! so much fun!! we really enjoyed the day with you guys! cant wait to do it again!