Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Comfort....







The last couple of weeks have seemed so full. So full of family. so full of fun. so full of tears, so full of smiles, so full of needs needing to be met,so full of wonder, so full of sorrow, so full of who knows what just full. I am thankful for the fullness however during the times of tears and wonder and sorrow I just want to hide under my covers and pray that I can hide. Recently my tears and wonder have been wrapped around my children mostly my wonderful and amazing little boy Elliot. Once someone told me that they had a grandson named Elliot and the name is saved for children that can only be described by the word "potpurri". I couldn't agree more with her, with Elliot my days are full of laughter and sometimes bewilderment. I am not always sure where his mind gets the ideas that it does or why he can go from happy to sad in a snap of a finger or why he seems to understand things on a much deeper level then even I can sometimes. His faith in God is growing at a rate that I only wish mine could at times and his explanations for why the world works the that it does are at times so matter of fact but so full of truth that my eyes are opened to things I have not yet pondered. Recently though his intense love for life has begun to boggle him a bit so much so that the other day he came to me and explained his frustration with being able to focus. This is not a new revelation however it was the first time he himself has expressed it to me. Brian and I have had many talks about the subject since Elliot has started school and had made a decision to let things go unless Elliot seemed bothered by his inability to focus at times. But I cannot explain the heartbreak I have felt watching him at times over the last few months. And I am not sure I have ever felt as much love for him as I have over the last few weeks. After much evaluation and time we had come to the decision that maybe Elliot needed some extra help in this area so yesterday we started some medication to help him be able to excel in the areas he becomes frustrated in. Praying seems to be my favorite past time in regard to Elliot lately and I am constantly being comforted by Gods presence in my life. Well yesterday all my praying seemed to pay off because Elliot said to me at bedtime I feel like a new boy. Praise God for walking beside me through this because I told Brian a few days ago I didn't feel like I was winning and I felt like I was failing this little boy. He comes just in time not when you want Him to all the time but when you need him to He is there.
I have been spending much more time lately praying for my friends that I know are going down their own rocky paths I can't tell you how much I value each of you in your own ways. This morning I was at bible study(if you don't go you should really find one near you to attend I couldn't go without mine:)and a verse was mentioned that I was aware of but hadn't read in awhile I thought it was fitting for many of us at this point. Isiah 40: 28-31 -
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no
one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increase the power of
the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and
fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings on eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
We watched a video with Beth Moore and she said something that really hit my heart, she was talking about road signs and she said this is a broken road but the sign still says keep straight ahead. Call upon his promises and he will hold true to them he is just waiting for us to ask.
I know for some of you this post may seem over the top however this is what my heart really feels and I am working on be more authentic as my friend Bonnie would say. If I have smile on my face I want it to be genuine and if I have tears rolling down my cheeks I have no reason to hide under my covers for I know where my comfort lies and hope you all do too!

1 comment:

Jan Kok said...

A beautiful post Jessica! Oh, a Mother's Heart~ SO FULL. I sent you a Mother's Day e-mail on your old elliotwilliamsmom@hotmail.com site. I think you will enjoy it =) Blessings on you girl...Jan