Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Peanut, Peanut, Butter

We are big time peanut butter loves in our house. We all love it however, I have become aware that we all love it differently. First of all in my opinion it has to be JIF, this is the peanut butter that I grew up with and it is the one I prefer, I could really careless less about brand names on most things but peanut butter is an area I am not willing to compromise on. Recently Costco changed from JIF to Skippy I was heartbroken and we did switch to Skippy for the summer. But today I went to Costco and what did I find on the shelf???? JIF!! I refrained from cartwheels in the aisles however I was elated!! I know many of you are laughing at me because it is just peanut butter but we take it seriously around here:) In fact I have 5 jars in my cupboard right now. 1/2 Jar of Skippy. 2 Jars of JIF:) 2 Jars of Safeway Brand Crunchy. As I said before we all like it differently. Grace-Smooth Peanut Butter with honey no crunchy things(crust) Elliot- Smooth Peanut Butter Strawberry Jam and Crust left on Mommy-Smooth Peanut Butter with Homemade Raspberry Jam can't be store bought no thanks Daddy-Crunchy Peanut Butter on the Wheatiest (not a word I know) Bread you can find.
Now you know where to find a Peanut Butter Sandwich if you want one:)

3 comments:

Life Across the Pond said...

I love your excitement for peanut butter. I'm a chunky girl myself, I can't live without it!! A good spoonfull is sometimes what you need to get you through the day.

I don't know if you heard, but I think I am comming home next week for a bit. It would be nice if we could get together for dinner or something some night. We'll be in touch when I get home.

Andrea said...

I had the same exact dilemma when Costco switched to Jiff. I am a Adams girl but Jeff likes Jiff and I guess I have been partially converted. Can't do skippy...Good thing Costco realized this and gave us our peanut butter back!
We'd love to see you guys.

bajema said...

4 words: Adam's Creamy Peanut Butter.
Enough said.