Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This Love

Photobucket
I was 15 in this picture which makes Brian 16. Oh young love. What babies.
My scanner still isn't working so this will have to do.

This love is many things...but it is not perfect by definition. We argue, we complain, we don't always see eye to eye, we agree to disagree regularly, we forget to be thankful for what we have at times. But it is absolutely perfect by my definition. It is all the things I mentioned above and so much more. It is loving one another no matter what the day holds, it is looking at each other and recounting stories of our marriage that only we can relate to, only we can know every feeling each memory holds, only we can know all we have made it through. Only we can look to the heavens and thank God for carrying us through the last eight years.

I love my husband with every fiber of my being. I am thankful that God delivered to me the most perfect partner for my life. I lay my head down at night knowing that I will fall asleep laying next to the man I love most nights for the next 60 years or more maybe. It's fabulous, it's warm, it's safe, it's HOME.

It doesn't seem to matter how we spend our days, we need not do anything special by average standards. We can admire our children's sidewalk chalk drawings or laugh at the days elliotisms, we can talk for hours about how God is unrolling years and years worth of hopes and dreams right in front of us. It is completely wonderful!

This year has been full of hurts and a lot of sorrow and pain that I wish we could have done without. But it has also been so full of love and support from a man that loves me more than I deserve at times. He laughs at me when I am crabby and when I am really out of control he wraps me in a hug that I can not escape from until I agree to show him some sort of smile which usually turns into laughing. He smiles when I smile and laughs when I laugh. He reminds me when I forget to look up and I remind him as well. Team Jager has never been stronger and I know that it will only grow stronger with the years to come.

So this love is not perfect form the worlds standards but from mine it couldn't get any better. And today I feel like the most truly blessed woman on the face of the earth.

Happy 8th Anniversary Babe, you are the greatest Husband I could have ever dreamed of or imagined you are my prince charming and knight in shining armor.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the picture. Darling!
I'm glad you are such a happy couple. It's a scary world and you are lucky to have each other...forever.

Ed / Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you've been together since you were young and that you are growing stronger together. You are blessed. Thank you for sharing. :)