Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Gracie Girl Turned 5....

Photobucket
I can't believe it....my baby is five years old. Its exhilarating and excruciating all at the same time. Its always funny to me how you can actually watch them grow a year older in the weeks leading up to their birthdays. Their language changes, their abilities grow and their view of the world gets a little bit bigger.

I love having a little girl! She is my partner in crime and my team mate in all things.
Photobucket
She chose to get a pedicure for her birthday this year and as superficial as a pedicure may be we had a wonderful time. Just a girl and her mom enjoying being girls and loving up on each other. I wish I would have taken pictures of her getting the pedicure the pumice stone scrub through over the edge and the air was filled with precious giggles from my beautiful 5 year old girl. After that we shared lunch and a milk shake at Colophon Cafe. I asked her over lunch what she thought about being five and her reply was, "So far its pretty great!"

The things about Grace that remain the same from year to year are her need to be Grace, an individual, not one who conforms to what anyone else wants at this point. She is not my people pleaser...you always know where you stand. She is never luke warm always hot or cold. She is beautiful and cheerful and just an absolute perfect part of our family. Brian jokes that she is just like me and I suppose he is right in a lot of ways. Although I wish I could have been more like her as a child, so confident and sure.

This year she was awarded the most cheerful dancer award at the end of the ballet season. And this is a great way to describe her. Cheerful, she is for the most part easy going laid back and ready for the next shenanigan at all times.

I love you my Gracer Girl!! You are beautiful in more ways than one and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Life Across the Pond said...

Wow, Jess, Grace looks so grown up in these pictures, especially the last one!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! What a special girl growing up and getting a pedicure. So fun!