Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Big Ugly Cry and A Lot Of Uncertainty

We just recently finished a sermon series at our church that was all about our SHAPE. It was great!! I loved it and I found it very applicable. Basically it covered how we get to be who we are and what that means.

Each sermon was based on a letter from the word SHAPE and each letter stood for something. E was the last sermon and E stands for experiences. Our Pastor talked about how we all experience different things in our lives that SHAPE us into who we are. Some good, some bad, some hard, some easy, some happy, some sad. Well the last 9 months have held a lot of experiences for this here woman:) And the last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind roller-coaster of emotions, experiences and changes. Not all of them have been bad however most of them have been confusing and all of them have brought me to my knees in prayer. On this particular Sunday it all came to a screeching halt and after listening to an amazing sermon that dealt with everything I was going through and questioning we joined in communion. Well this really made my emotions pour over the edge and I melted into a Big Ugly Cry. The kind where one tear falls and you know there is no stopping the ten million you have been holding back for a week or so. So there were tears and there was snot and there were prayers and thoughts going through my mind in about 1 million directions.

In sharing all of this I must say I am so thankful for a Savior who loves me for me. A Savior that uses these experiences, even the ugly ones, for his glory. Once again us four Jagers are traveling by the seat of our pants, with unexpected job changes, broken business ventures, a remodel project that is larger than life, family issues up the wazoo and much more. But the road we travel on is one that leads directly to the cross and even though I am not sure why all of these things are happening at the same time I am confident that God knows the why, the how, and the forever! And a Big Ugly Cry is sometimes what it takes for me to fall at His feet once again and allow him to take it all from me!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Everyone needs a good cry. Even superwoman! We need to catch up. I feel like we both could talk to each other all day!
I wanted also to introduce you to almond meal... it's my new flour substitution. Lot's of protein!
take care.