Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm Weak, I'm Poor, I'm Broken Lord, But I'm Yours

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am a work in progress. But I am beginning to realize the very things that hold me back are the things that actually make me more vulnerable to accept the Lords hand as I try to bump around through this life. I am so unsure of why things have happened and why they continue to happen. I wonder why it is always those who are supposed to be my biggest supporters that are the ones that continue to fail me, continue to hurt me, continue to throw me into a tailspin.

These are the very things that make me His! I am not sure how I would continue to make it if it wasn't for a God who loves me, who continues to mend my broken heart, who sees a purpose in all of this mess.

There is so much in my life that makes me want to stand on top of a mountaintop and shout my praises to God. But there is so much that makes me lie at his feet and cling to the promises He has for me, because that is all that is all that I can do in many situations. There is much I can not fix. There is much I have to continue living with. The amazing thing is that God has a perfect plan for all of it. The good and the bad will all seem beautiful in the end.

So when I am not strong enough he will lift my head. He provides me with all that I need and that is really more than I deserve. And he will pick up the pieces of my heart when it is shattered. Because I am His and He is mine.

No comments: