Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Number Nine:)

Today marks nine years of married love for the pair of us today folks. Nine is crazy. It doesn't feel like nine until we start reminiscing about all we have experienced in the last nine years and then it seems like a lifetime. A happy, full, wonderful lifetime!!

Photobucket
This is a picture is from our rehearsal dinner...thanks Moml for the cute hats. Its funny to think that I could be more in love now than I was that day:)

Nine years ago I married my best friend. Someone that God had already planned out for me to meet and love. Someone that would God had planned out for me to partner with. They (who are they really) say you should marry someone that you are stronger together with than apart and I think that is true for us. We have always made a great team not only in times of stress but also in times of great joy. His is the smile I search for when something good happens and the smile I look for when I need a pick me up.

We went away overnight on Sunday to celebrate the occasion, it is always so nice to get away together even if for an evening. Our lives call for much scheduling in this department, not just on our part with two kids in school there is always homework to be done, activities to attend, and bedtimes to adhere to,not to mention our other obligations and responsibilities. It is totally a new season. So 1 night away seems like a real treat, just the two of us, no agenda and family and friends that know we are gone so our cell phones were quiet. This is bliss.

We stayed in Belltown Seattle's new food central these days. As you can probably guess I was in heaven. We spent most of the day wandering, however the evening held reservations at Branzino....that delicious Italian restaurant from our food tour. Not only did we have reservations but my husband had arranged for us to sit at a small expediting area right in front of the chef line. I was in heaven!!! We sat there for two hours watching, eating, talking, eating, watching and eating some more. I had the chef pick my meal because if you ever waver on what to order you should always ask the chef what he/she would order. So we started with a large antipasti platter, followed by Papperdelle for me and Spaghetti with Calamari(not the fried kind people), and ended with a fresh made to order apple crisp with house made cinnamon gelato. There may have been some red wine in there as well. Afterwards we managed to waddle the mile back to our hotel, mind you for some reason I thought my 4 inch heels were a good idea(not)....and we curled up in bed and watched a movie. May not sound to exciting, but the pair of us have had a hellish (sorry no other word to describe it) month. And rest and relaxation is exactly what the Dr. ordered. When we woke up in the morning my wonderful hub-dub ran across the street to Dahlia Bakery and retrieved warm made to order mini donuts with marscapone and fresh strawberry rhubarb jam, and fresh coffee. What was I to do but wait for his return and read the newspaper while watching the news. Seriously it gets no better!

So what does the next year hold, on our way to a decade of marriage? Well I am sure it will hold more hellish months, sorrow and tears however the good times override all of the bad. Sometimes The good times are what make you cry.

I am so incredibly blessed to have been given a man that is leading me and my little family in the direction that we are longing to go. I am so incredibly blessed to a man that encourages me to reach for the stars as I strive to live out Gods purpose for me. I am so blessed to be married to a man that tells em I am beautiful every morning. I am so blessed to be married to a man that has shown me love that is bigger than I was able to even dream of before I married him. And in saying this I am ready to glide through another nine years or as many as I have left on this earth with my best friend.

And one more little funny after this mushy post. When Elliot woke up this morning he told Elliot what today was and informed him he might need a blindfold because there was going to be a lot of kissing. I am so blessed to be married to a husband that grosses out his kids for fun:)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great night away, you both deserve it!!

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary!
That picture is so great.
You guys are great and both of you are blessed to have each other.
Cheers to many more!