Saturday, August 15, 2009

Super Dads....

Last Night I was able to work with Dee Apodaca, she has her own wedding coordinating business and when her daughter Christie can't help then she hires me:) This makes me very happy because outside of catering this is one of my favorite things to do. It was a beautiful wedding and we had a great time. However this is not what my post is about.
My post is about Super Dads. Now many of you probably have never met a Super Dad, you may have a Dad that is super but that does not make him a Super Dad. The Dad at the wedding last night was a Super Dad and Brian and I also have Super Dads. Super Dads are men who are not your Father from birth but come into the picture later to sweep your mom off of her feet and sweep you up as well. They are Dads that do not share the same blood with you but they share the same heart. They are Dads that could choose to Flake out and ignore you and see you as baggage but choose to love you instead. They are Dads That never refer to you as Step-daughters you are just a daughter to them.
The Dad from the wedding last night reminded me so much of my own that I found myself a bit teary (big surprise I know) He was explaining how he had come into his daughters lives at the ages of 6 and 2-ironic this is how old I was when my dad came into my life-and he loved them from that moment and had watched them grow and that they were his. My Dad adopted me too from the very second he and my Mom got together and although it took awhile for me to catch onto the idea I now look back and am overflowing with thankfulness for two things
1-That my Mom chose him in the first place
2- That he made the decision to love us
Without this I know that the three of us being my mom my sister and I would not have the lives that we have now. And I have the Superest of Super Dads a girl could have and a smart Mom!

No comments: