Monday, January 25, 2010

Restaurants are AWESOME and A Lot Of Work:)

The title of this post is a ginormous understatement however I am having a ton of fun. There is a lot going on around here and the adjustments are fairly smooth thus far. All of my spare time is now filled with menu formations and scouring Craigslist for equipment, oh and did I mention driving around to pick up the equipment. So far so good though.

I am learning about a lot of things that I didn't know anything about before. I now have tenants and renters, dumpers and leasers. I never knew that a restaurant would entail all of this but it does. The funny thing is I have so much more to do. (Insert anxious nervous giggle here:)

So whats next you ask? Menus, new business cards, more equipment, major renovation, an amazing menu tasting party on Friday, new signage, permanent menu chalk board renovations, more lease agreements, food purchasing, coffee contract, bread contract, new recipe development and I think a lot more , but you get the picture right. Oh and did I mention I am still trying to be a stay at home mom and wife as well as keep my sanity at the same time:)

It sounds crazy but really God has put an opportunity of a life time in front of me and so far He is showing me how to mange it all pretty well. I am so thankful for that:)

Lots more info to come on this topic. Thanks for letting me vent!

1 comment:

Renae said...

Jessica- we sell off equipment from time to time. I'll keep you in mind next time we go through the sheds and are getting rid of things! Anything in particular you are looking for right away? You can e-mail me!! Cory4@usa-dialup.com