Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sometimes My Mind Plays Tricks On Me.


It is weird how your mind works sometimes. Just when you think you have crossed a bridge in a journey of pain your mind plays tricks on you that just aren't very nice.

Almost four months ago my grandpa passed away. This is something I have come to grips with however even typing these words causes me to get a lump in my throat and my eyes to burn.

Every time I walk into my grandmas house my breath catches because part me forgets that he won't be there when I open the door. On Saturday I had a menu tasting for the new kitchen location and once again when my grandma came through the door I was expecting to see him right behind her. Its in these times that I wonder if life will ever seem normal without him. Will my heart and my mind ever meet in the middle to come to the realization that he is gone.

All I know is I love him so much it hurts. And I miss him so much that I cry still every time I leave my grandmas house..........

The picture is of my Grandpa and Elliot on Elliots Birthday 2 years ago. My grandpa made the quilt in the picture for Elliot. We snuggle up with it all the time.

No comments: