Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anticipation and Fear All Rolled Into One

Today marks the last day of school for my Kindergarten girl and Second Grade boy. And as I am very much looking forward to the break from routine and hustle and bustle to get to school every morning, I am afraid. Very Afraid. Now if you don't have school aged children you may not know what I am talking about, however, it takes me a good week or two to get into my groove of having everyone home. I cringe as I write this because someone reading this will take it the wrong way. I love my kids, I love being with them, I love being able to do fun stuff.

So today is a day that I have looked forward to with great anticipation....day trips, the pool, lazy day picnics and camping. But also today I am approaching with a bit of fear for what tomorrow brings, the days when everyone is bored, the days when we are crabby, and the days we can't get along...they happen to us, maybe we are the only ones:)

Today also is the end of a chapter as next year I will have two full time school aged kids....seriously how did this happen to me and who pushed the fast forward button on my life. But I am so blessed with two very bright and healthy and most of the time kind children who love the Lord and are becoming smarter everyday in an environment that encourages putting your faith into to action instead of just sitting on your gift.

So heres to all you Moms that are looking towards your own anticipation and/or fear. Its going to be a great summer I just know it, we already bought a box of otter pops and having been moving right through them;)

No comments: