Thursday, June 2, 2011

What We've Been Up To.....

The end of the school year is almost crazier than the beginning of the school year and this year has been no different from the previous years. When have been living life like school is already out, with lots of last minute fun and less worry over what needs to be done. I am not sure why this happens but with Memorial Day always comes the jump start for summer to me. Rain or Shine I am learning not to care, or maybe not to notice the difference.

A week ago I started a fitness bootcamp. This has been a big stretch for me seeing as it starts at 5:15 am. I am by no means a morning person. I don't mind getting up in the morning but I am normally pretty quiet and contemplative in the morning. I really don't enjoy the company of others or to much excitement first thing....so this has stretched me because it includes all of the above. On top of it, there is a very in shape women running me ragged for a good entire hour:) I secretly love it though and it is a wonderful jumpstart for my day. The reason I am doing it is to build my endurance so I can hopefully start running distance again. I am convinced this will accomplish that very thing.

So enough about the what how about some pics of what we did over the weekend.
Photobucket
No we are not making him wear a helmet all the time after his accident. It just seems that once the sun comes out his bike just becomes an extension of his body, so often he is on an off his bike so much I think he forgets to take the helmet off:) This particular evening we ate dinner on the front porch and let the kids kind of come and go from their food, while we watched them and enjoyed the warm sun. Sometimes life calls for a change int he norm, this was totally that.

Photobucket
Not the greatest picture...however, Grace is riding her bike everywhere. She even rode to Second Chance on Tuesday. That is actually quite a ways for her first time off the block without training wheels. She did great!

Photobucket
We had an impromptu BBQ with all of the uncles, plus Auntie Sarah and Jessie. We must have played four square on and off for hours. We also had a baseball tossing, football throwing and a game of bocce all going on at the same time at one point. WE had fun!

Photobucket
Uncle Luke and Elliot. Nice Guns Boys:)

Photobucket
And no BBQ would be complete without a Bajema sighting.

Photobucket
On Monday we went to Silver Lake with our neighbors to celebrate my friend Treasas birthday. It was wet and overcast but warm. We still managed to have a picnic, roast marshmallows, fish, play on the playground and have an all around good time.

Photobucket
Emma is Treasa's niece she is growing up so fast. She also happens to be head over heels for anything having to do with Grace.

Photobucket
This would be Zachary, when we moved into our house he was 6 months old and he has had me wrapped around his finger pretty much since then. I love this kid! He had no interest in casting but if I casted it out he would subsequently reel it right back in and ask for me to repeat the process. Sometimes you just go with it...it was a truly lovely day. I asked Brian on the way home if I could celebrate my birthday the same way this year:)

Photobucket
We may not have caught any fish but we did find a snail to make a pet out of for the day.

So whats up for this weekend you ask? Gungor concert tomorrow, Meat Feed for Bri, Chic Feed for me, a baseball game maybe, a parade and who knows what else. Oh and speaking of parades, I will say it in advance parades in our town make me crazy and I will be parking the van in the front yard to avoid being hit by all of the people that think they can parallel park a suburban in a space no bigger than a smart car.


Not sure why a couple of these pics are sideways, can't get them to post right in blogger even though they are the correct way in photobucket. So sorry in advance for your crooked neck:)

No comments: