Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What a Weekend!

I had been planning a surprise birthday party for Brian for the better part of two months...and this weekend the planning came to end and the partying began:) And boy did we have fun.
Photobucket
Backing up a bit I will tell you that I may never plan a surprise birthday party ever again after this but it was all worth it when I saw Brians reaction to the whole thing. He was so in the dark the whole time that it actually made the whole process harder...I am not sure how many arguments we had as result (nothing serious just disagreements).

I told him we were having a family reunion at my parents Saturday night, he totally didn't want to go for a number of reasons(couldn't blame him). Plus our friend Jordan is home from Med School right now and all Brian wanted to do was hang with his friends. So we settled on him coming for dinner and then he could hang with boys later on. This took some convincing and came with a bit of questioning and a lot of comments such as,"you are never like this about this kind of thing." Little did he know I was acting like this for him.

In the process of planing I got a catering call for the same day, a wedding for 40 people. Brian overheard it and insisted I take it even though I was trying to make up every excuse not to. I mean when you are planning a party for that number of people already taking a wedding doesn't seem that appealing. But since he didn't know all he could do was question my judgement and I broke down and took it. So on Saturday I catered a wedding for 40 at 3pm and threw my husband a surprise birthday at 6pm. On my way to my parents he called and said he was almost there it was 5:15pm ummmmmm....not cool. So I told him I needed him to go to the grocery and proceeded to call him every two minutes with something else he needed to pick up...we also staged my brother in law running out gas and made Brian rescue him. Lets just say at this point he was more than a little annoyed with me. But when he pulled in the drive and saw everyone standing there all of my craziness became clear and think he was thrilled.
Photobucket

All of our friends and family were there, along with a ton of yummy food. I can tell you that the place was decorated and set up perfectly, thanks to my mom and my sister they really saved this whole party for me!!! I couldn't not have in any way shape or form have done this without them.

Photobucket
And what do you know? Jordan was there.
Thanks to everyone who lied, stretched the truth or fibbed a bit to pull this off! Its not easy when the honored person is trying to plan their own party for the very day the surprise party is planned.

Photobucket
I love all of these guys....they are like brothers to eachother and to me! Brian has gone to school with most of them since Kindergarten.

Photobucket
This photo totally personifies my mood for the evening, it was amazing that it actually worked and it was even more amazing to be surrounded by all of our family and friends in on place. It was more than fun!

Photobucket
Critter and her friend Andrea hung around for quite awhile.

Photobucket
Dave and Treasa...probably the sweetest couple we know. Not only are they our neighbors, they have become family!

Photobucket
Some of the menfolk shootin the breeze.

Photobucket


We were so blessed to have such great weather!! More about my wonderful husband later on his actual birthday!

No comments: