Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lover's Day or month or forever.

February is one of my favorite months in my marriage.  Its reminders of days past.  Beginnings and change.  February 9 is the day Brian asked met to be his wife.  February 14 Valentines Day is the day we actually met.  I love it all.  It makes me feel warm and fuzzy and nostalgic.  It reminds me of being young and clueless and unaware of reality.  Its a nice place to travel back to but I would never want to stay there for long.  

Oh how I love these memories but oh how far we have come.  How many stories and memories I have now 15 years later.  How much we have been through, fought for and loved through.  It has always been worth it no matter the stage.  Brian is my best friend and I find that to be the most important at all times.  Because it is not always strawberries and champagne, sometimes its hard and sometimes its work.  Lets face it love isn't easy.  It take forgiveness and patience and understanding.  

We have been through the gamut this last year.  We have shared passion and uninterrupted time in Costa Rica.  We shared vacations with our kids and allowed ourselves to be more in love because we have them.  We have reminisced over the used to be's and the can you believe we did this_______.  We have followed God's leading and trudged through the wonder and bewilderment of transition.  We have fought we have made up.  We have been selfish and forgiving.  We have hurt each other and asked for forgiveness.  I have learned more about what love really is in the last year than I ever thought I could. 

In the end Brian Jager is my best friend, my lover, my confidant, my strength, and my encouragement.  I love him more than I thought I ever could.  

 photo 83901256-e4d6-4e11-85de-44be103fe1a4_zps0e1add32.jpg



No comments: