Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Closet Problems....








So we have very little closet space in our house and this includes my bedroom closet. The problem is I have a condition that I like to refer to as Unhealthy Clothing Attachment. I very rarely get rid of clothing. Maybe once every couple years I will go through and just to make my husband feel better I will purge 5 or 6 items from my closet. I still own the shirt I was wearing when I met my husband, and it still fits and I still wear it from time to time. Now I know what you are thinking I am going to be the next What Not to Wear Victim well it goes farther than this, I don't even really wear them all.
Unfortunately today I think things have to change. It all started when I got home today... I found my shirts all stacked on our dresser waiting for me it appears that I can't go forward like this it is causing problems for the other clothes in the closet and some of my clothing is being evicted. My closet landlord(Brian) is saying I am in breach of my contract and must modify my belongings to fit within my allotted shirt shelf square footage. Bummer for me, I guess he is right, but what do I get rid of? Please let me know if I am alone in this battle or not?
I have enclosed pictures of the belonging sand the space it has to fit in:(

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I have purged 15 shirts thrown away ten a hung up ten put about twenty in my running clothes box and then the rest fit on the shelf...i am happy hopefully the landlord is?

one blessed mama said...

good for you. you've had a busy evening. you have to admit, it feels good to purge...(just a bit!)i'm sure you're landlord will be thrilled. maybe he'll even give you a break on the rent! :)

Bonnie K said...

Sorry... I am heartless with my clothes. I started having "honest talks" with my closet about 2 years ago and take a trip to labels with my clothes. You make me laugh with your pictures!