Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am anti-stretch jeans!







Now this is just a quick post on my new trauma I hate shopping for jeans which is why I own two pairs that can be worn in public. Yesterday I decided that I would buy a new pair of jeans. I shopped everywhere and everything has stretch. I think the initial thought on stretch was it would do exactly that and make jean wearing more comfortable. Well I am plenty comfortable in my jeans and stretch is annoying. It clings to all of the areas you would rather not accentuate making it very hard to find a flattering pair of jeans. I have had luck at buckle in the past buying jeans that have minimal stretch and feel appropriate however they are not always the best for the budget so I was avoiding that place yesterday. So after 20 pairs of jeans I bought a pair at the Gap that I am ok with I don't love them but they will serve their purpose. I will close with a message to all you jean makers how about making some jeans for the average women that are not mom jeans...thanks.

2 comments:

one blessed mama said...

jessica...
i loved this post and i LOVE jeans!! sounds like you like shopping for jeans as much as i like buying a new bathing suit. ugh! i gotta say, i don't mind the stretch. my hips need all the help they can get. ugh again.
i agree, The Buckle has a great variety. have you tried Silver Brand? great jeans!
i usually end up going to the Gap too. can hardly go wrong there!
glad you found some!

Life Across the Pond said...

Wow Jess, I totally feel your pain! My mom and I both hate strectch jeans but they are everywhere. Buckle is the best place to find jeans without stretch but they are way expensive you are right about that. My mom buys all her jeans at the GAP and is quite happy with them. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this matter.