Saturday, March 14, 2009

The end of an era....







I think we are at the end of an era. I think both of my children have grown out of naps:( This is very sad my Gracie has been the greatest napper of all time since the day she was born. She was on two naps for what seemed to be a life time but loved them and needed them. Bedtime has never been a problem with this child. When she was a year old at about 6 every night she would grab her blankie and point at the stairs getting her to 7 -their actual bedtime- was always a chore. But most recently I have noticed when I lay her down for her nap she doesn't fall asleep even if I think she has I usually find that she has been quietly reading stories in her bed. Oh my kids are growing up and although I am rejoicing and enjoying this time it is breaking my heart a bit. I can't believe that they are going to be 4 and 6 in a matter of three months.
So I guess I am ready to say so long beloved naptimes. And hello to rest time times two in our house from this day forward. Bummer:(

No comments: