Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just a little praise for my amazing husband....






So my husband is truly the most amazing man I know I and I have to remind myself every day that even though I think I do not deserve the love he has for me God thinks that I do. He has been running children to school, packing lunches, attempting to put a bun in Graces hair for ballet and lovingly reading stories and coaxing giggles out of sleepy kids at bedtime and all at the same time has taken care of me without a complaint(although I have had many about my current situation). He is the greatest dad on the face of the earth I am sure of it.
The last couple of days have been extremely difficult for me because I have been nothing more than a vegetable laying in my bed somewhat existing. I can here the giggles coming form the rest of the house however I have not had the energy to leave my bed unless it involves going to the restroom. I told myself last night that I was done with my existence as a sluggish carbohydrate and I was again ready to experience my little family even it meant from the couch. So I got up this morning and with my husbands generous help, managed to shower and pull on a pair of sweats get in the car and head up to my moms where the kids had stayed the night before. My mom babysat Elliot and I while my again amazing husband took Grace to her very first all girl birthday party. He took Grace to pick out a girly pink princess gift and stayed for the entire party. Grace had an amazing time and Brian said it wasn't to bad. I laid on the couch for most of the day soaked up a bit of pampering from my mom and even managed to sneak in a movie and snuggle time with Elliot. We ended the day with a family pizza night and stories. A perfect start to normalcy I still have a long road ahead of me and after today I am exhausted but God is good and I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Life Across the Pond said...

Praise the Lord Jessica! It is so good to hear that BJ is such a good care taker. Isn't wonderful to feel loved? I am happy that you were able to enjoy your family yesterday I am sure they missed you. I pray that you will continue to heal and that the process won't be too long.

one blessed mama said...

it's good to have a good husband. i too am blessed.