Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Helllo From Portland






We have had a whirlwind of a week. The kids had VBS all week and prepared for a weekend of wedding food(pictures to come soon). Thursday came and the prep began. I did all of the shopping for the rehearsal dinner on Thursday and prepped and cooked all day Friday. Saturday was the shopping day for Sunday and after a few bumps in the road I found out we would be doing all cooking at my house not ideal however it was to late to panic so we made it work and after three hours of sleep from 3am to 6am we headed to Arlington and were part of one of the most beautiful outdoor weddings I have seen in a long time. The day went so smooth and in my opinion was quite perfect. We cleaned up and were out of there by 7. On our way home our BBQ Rack malfunctioned to say the least and my BBQ found itself crashing through the back window of the Volvo:( Not the call you want to get at the end of the perfect day however, no one was hurt and its only material. Monday morning I went and picked up the kids and we headed out to get the window fixed and go on a quick trip to Portland to see our favorite Bubba. (Our you tired yet I am) Well the window took 4 hours (I was told 1) and we were on the road by 4. We made it to Portland by 8 and got in the swimming pool. Normally this is bed time however the kids really needed sometime to blow off some energy. Today we went to the zoo and it was about 100 degrees out so after 2o'clock hit we decided to wrap it up and head back to the hotel for some much needed rest time. Now we are waiting for Bubba to get back from work. Oh and on top of all of this my dog has finally gone into labor and my favorite person in the world Sarah is offering Ruby her midwifery skills. I knew I should have stayed home but after some coaxing from Brian i decided after last week I needed some R and R and Ruby would probably be a few more days. Well apparently not but what can you do. So when I get home I will post some pictures from all of the happenings in our life!!

No comments: