Monday, December 7, 2009

Hope For Olive Olie Bollen Wrap Up











First off I must tell you how blessed I have been in the process of trying to bless precious baby Olive. My little tiny idea turned into something a lot bigger than I ever dreamed of. Once we decided to go with Olie Bollen we had a lot of needs to be met so no one person was pulling all of the weight. I never thought I would have so much help and support. There were quite a few times when I was confused and a bit worried that things would not be pulled off in a pleasing way. However thats when God took the reigns and showed me that he was the one that had things under control. I had to trust a lot(which is difficult for me) however each and every time the need was met with something more than I had planned on.

My guardian angel(Jan) and her friend(Coleen) organized all of the making of the olie bollen batter and we had 9 bowls full of batter by the time we got started frying. This was enough to make 970 olie bollen.

The restaurant space was donated so we could fry it all up. So we pretty much fried olie bollen from 5pm - 1am. It was fabulous!! God kept on bringing more people to help with frying, so as some left more showed up. Thanks to all who helped fry, sugar, shake and bag up all of the balls of fried goodness. You will never fully know how much I appreciate you!

The night of the sale I was again met with many familiar faces to help sell the olie bollen and hundreds of cups of cocoa. Thanks to everyone who froze their tushies off with me. I think the chapped cheeks and lips were worth it:)

And last but not least those of you who donated supplies such as but not limited to bags, cups, signs, napkins, cocoa, heaters, prayers, etc. I love you all, you are amazing and every little thing helped make my job so easy.

And not to be forgotten, my husband. He held down the fort a lot this weekend while I was running around. I am so thankful for you babe!! I couldn't do any of this if you weren't so supportive of my passions and crazy dreams. You are truly the best!

I will never be able to express to any of you what a blessing you have been to me in the last few weeks. However I will say that I prayed prayers of thankfulness for each of you by name this week.

So now I am sure some of you have scrolled to the bottom to see what we raised. And drumroll please....God brought in $1500 for sweet baby Olive.


3 comments:

Kim said...

That is great! J. said he saw you guys and helped by purchasing some of your goodies. I hope this helps Olive and her family.

lisa said...

Jessica! This brings me to tears... $1500 worth of olie bolen and cocoa!!! So glad for this gift for little Olive. :) Wish I could have been there to help!

Becky said...

Jessica, that is just AWESOME!!! What a gift!!! God is good!