Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sunday, Hymn Sing. A bit of a ramble.

I love Hymns. Let it be known I just love them. In church I prefer a mix of P and W and hymns. However for me there is nothing that can compare to singing a good old hymn, the words so true and perfect all of the time.

Sunday night our church, Crosspoint, hosted a good old community hymn sing. I enjoyed every minute.

It was just Grace and I in the pew because Elliot was helping his Grandpa with sound and Brian was playing his guitar. Grace had a couple of things to keep her busy but about half way through we sang, Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus, and at that moment her head lifted up she opened her mouth and begun to sing those precious words. This may be my favorite! I sang these words to both of my babies when I would nurse them before bed and forever they will be the words I pray for them to find as they grow older. As you can imagine and probably predict if you know me at all I began to cry. It is hard to be me and not be so incredibly grateful ad thankful for the legacy I am able to pass on to my children. That at the age of almost 7 I can witness my daughter singing these most precious words to her God in Heaven is almost more than my heart can handle.

The duplicating factor of this gratefulness was being surrounded by our family and knowing that we are surrounded by so much heavenly rooted love and support. This made my heart burst even more. Our grandparents were sitting behind us, Grandpa's lovely voice singing nearly in my ear as my little girl asked if she could crawl in my lap so she could hear my voice only:) These are memories that will last me forever. It's not only in the complex planned out affairs that you find complete joy. Sometimes its in the small and tender moments when you are surrounded by so many but you feel as if it is just you and your heavenly father. These moments are the gifts that I value the most.

Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conqu’rors we are!

His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

No comments: